IAPMO R&T Announces New Standard for Solar Heating Systems
IAPMO R&T confirmed approval of the new standard IAPMO/ANSI S1001.1, Design and Installation of Solar Water Heating Systems, by the American National Standards Institute as an American National Standard.
Standards Technical Subcommittee members met in a collaborative and open process to develop a solar water heating system standard that is completely transparent and reflects the technical realities of today’s solar heating marketplace.
The purposes of this standard are to:
- Establish generally acceptable minimum quality criteria for the design and installation of residential and small commercial solar water heating systems;
- To serve as a guide for manufacturers, distributors, architects, engineers, contractors, code authorities, program administrators and end-users;
- To promote understanding regarding materials, manufacture and installation;
- To form a basis for fair competition; and
- To provide a basis for consistency and fitness for use of solar water heating systems.